Global Migration Network (GMN)

Canada Place, Vancouver

Web Pics (1800 × 800 px) (1800 × 600 px) (17)

Study Permit

A Study Permit is a document that enables you to study at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada. If you have aspirations to study in Canada, this permit is essential.

Eligibility for a Study Permit

To be eligible for a Study Permit in Canada, you must meet these requirements:

  • A Letter of Acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada.
  • Sufficient funds to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation.
  • A clean criminal record and a police certificate if required.
  • Pass a medical examination if necessary.
  • Demonstrate that you intend to leave Canada upon completing your study.

Key Information about Study Permits

Working While Studying:

Canada offers international students the opportunity to work while studying, allowing them to gain valuable work experience and earn income. You are eligible to work if your program duration is over six months and leads to a degree, diploma, or certificate.

Spouse and Family Members:

Your spouse and children can join you in Canada. If you are a full-time student at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), your spouse is eligible to apply for an open work permit. Additionally, children under 18 years old can apply for a study permit or visitor visa to accompany you to Canada.

Post-Graduation Work Permit:

Upon graduation from a Canadian institution, you can apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). This permit allows you to work for any employer in Canada. The length of the PGWP may vary, depending on your study program, with a minimum duration of eight months and a maximum of three years.

Study Permit Processing Time

The processing time for Study Permits varies based on the applicant’s country of residence.

Prepare for an enriching educational journey in Canada with the Study Permit. It not only opens doors to quality education but also offers opportunities for your family and a future career in Canada.