The FSWP is one of the three programs provided by the Express Entry system as a passage to apply for permanent residency in Canada.
If you are a skilled worker and want to immigrate to Canada, then you can consider Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). It is the best option for people who have not lived in Canada before and are not skilled trades professionals.
Eligibility criteria for FSWP:
FSWP uses selection factor points to determine your eligibility. To be eligible, you must score at least 67 points out of the 100 point grid.
Six Selection Factors:
- Work Experience
- Whether you have a valid job offer
- Language skills
Minimum requirements for FSWP are:
One year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in a skilled occupation (NOC skill level 0, A or B)
- Score at least of CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) 7 levels on an approved English or French language proficiency test
- Canadian high school diploma or a foreign equivalent
- Obtain at least 67 out of 100 points on the FSWP selection factors.
- Enough financial resources to support yourself and your accompanying family
How to immigrate to Canada through the FSWP:
- Create your Express Entry profile, if you are eligible
- Wait for an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- After you receive an ITA, submit a permanent residence application to IRCC